Sunday, February 19, 2012

In 1492 Columbus and I sailed the ocean blue...


October 22, 1492
Dear Diary,

            So we’ve been here not but 2 weeks and already the natives hate us. And understandably so – between disease, disrespect, unnecessary force, and an awkward incident involving the captain of the Santa Maria getting too up-close-and-personal with the tribe’s elder resulting in a heated verbal and then physical battle over the general merits and faults of corn, we haven’t exactly been the most pleasant of guests. As great as Columbus is – seriously, he’s an incredible navigator and adventurer – I think he may have made a mistake. I’m telling you all this in confidence, but I don’t actually think we’re in India. These people look nothing like I thought they would, there are no particularly exotic spices like the ones we’ve been promised, and our Hindi translator has proven utterly useless. I guess we’ll figure out what to do next in the next month or so. Aunt Isabel and Uncle Ferdinand could get very angry if I tell them that I think we messed up, so I’ll just let the other powers-that-be do all the work. That’s worked out so far!

In a whole new world,
P.D.A.W.S.S.G. III



No comments:

Post a Comment