June 5, 1989
Dear Diary,
So
I just arrived in China. I heard about this big party downtown at some square
so I figured I’d do as the Chinese do and go see what’s going on. I got pretty
hungry with all the yelling and avoiding all the riots so I figured I’d step
out and get some food. Heard they have great sushi there, and I was really in
the mood. While crossing the street I encountered 4 massive tanks parked RIGHT
IN FRONT OF THE RESTAURANT! They wouldn’t budge at all, and I think if you know
me well enough you know I wasn’t going to either. How rude of them! As a guest
in a foreign country, especially one with such a great relationship with my
own, I expected nothing but the best hospitality. But no. I was in a standoff
with them for hours. It was really awkward. Luckily I had a half-melted Milky
Way in my pocket to hold me over for a little bit. Eventually they moved but the
experience made me angry the rest of the day. Never going back to China ever
again, no matter how good their Pad Thai is.
Stubbornly,
P.D.A.W.S.S.G. III
A picture of me taken sometime during the third hour of our standoff:

No comments:
Post a Comment